Visual Designer / Art Director
Freelancer Limited, the ASX-listed company that owns Freelancer.com and Escrow.com, is hiring. Eleven-time Webby award-winning Freelancer.com is the world's largest freelancing and crowdsourcing marketplace, which connects millions of employers to freelancers across the globe. Escrow.com is a global fintech industry leader in secure online payments, having handled over US$3.5 billion in transactions buying and selling boats, cars, airplanes, jewellery, fine art, and even trips to the planned Aurora space station in 2021!
We're looking to expand our design team and ramping up the coming year to be one of the best. We are on the lookout designers who are tech-keen, self-motivated and ready to shake things up. In general, you love using web-apps, are always on the lookout for the latest and greatest in UX/UI trends and love to get your hands down and dirty. Our products are in need of some love… and we need your help to do it!
Designing at Freelancer.com means being apart of something larger. You’ll get:
- Instant feedback from our millions of users on your designs with the killer metrics on how they are performing from our world-class data science team.
- Ownership in creating the look and feel of products within a (half) billion dollar tech company.
- Amazing peers to work with. You will always learn and grow with some of the greatest minds in the tech space.
- A chance to be apart of Australia’s next greatest tech story. We design and build products because they are great for our users and reinvest our profits into our marketplace.
- 8+ years of experience designing beautiful and functional experiences online and offline
- expert in brand design, art direction, creative direction
- expert in visual design, graphic design, digital design
- experience in motion design highly regarded
- experience in digital product design and thinking (UX/UI)
- master of typography, colour, layout
- excellent written and spoken communication skills
- highly organised
- can work independently or in a team
- proactive and positive attitude towards work
- has worked in an agency environment before
- has worked on branding for software and tech products before
- can collaborate in cross-functional environment with technical staff (engineers) to senior stakeholders
- has knowledge of basic digital technologies (HTML, CSS, etc) to ensure work can be built
- expert with Adobe suite, Sketch, Principle, Invision and similar software
- ability to lead projects from concept to release
- leadership experience highly regarded
- amazing digital portfolio showcasing all of the above
This won’t be a cog-in-the-machine type of job; you will be joining a global company that values attitude and capability over experience, so if you are looking to make a difference and be rewarded for your efforts, this is the place for you.
We are striving to shape the future of work, so help us scale to 100+ million users, while enjoying all the perks of working in tech - fun atmosphere, smart people, awesome office, fully-stocked kitchens (yes, free food!), social events, hackathons, and more!
For more information see www.freelancer.com/careers
Please note: This is a permanent, full-time role based in our Sydney office.