Android Software Engineer
Eleven-time Webby award-winning Freelancer.com is the world's largest freelancing and crowdsourcing marketplace. We connect millions of employers to freelancers across the globe, and every day thousands of jobs are described, bid on, negotiated, and managed through our site.
We think it is pretty cool that our dataset details a real life economy, where work is undertaken in every area you can think of. From design, writing, data entry and software development; through to sales, marketing, accounting and legal services - even NASA uses us!
Mobile is intrinsic to our global business, and has been subject to rapid growth. Our Android app alone has exceeded a million downloads and we have around 20,000 daily active users. But we have more work to do!
In this role, you will be responsible for building scalable mobile applications, and develop new features as we update the main site. And not only will you build software that scales, but you will have the chance to ship code on your first day, and get instant feedback from millions of users worldwide.
- Tertiary Degree in Computer Science / Engineering, or related discipline (MS or PhD a plus)
- A deep familiarity and understanding with Java, RxJava, GIT, JSON
- Experience with Android SDK
- Experience using the Android testing tools (Espresso, Mockito)
- Experience with libraries such as Retrofit, Okhttp, Dagger 2
- Experience with Coordinator layouts and layout performance enhancements
- Experience with different Android structure patterns such as MVP, MVC, MVVM
- Ability to work with old Android OS versions from KitKat (4.4)
- Ability to build well-optimised and scalable mobile applications
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Experience building Android apps, with examples in Google Play or as APKs
This won’t be a cog-in-the-machine type of job; you will be joining a global company that values attitude and capability over experience, so if you are looking to make a difference and be rewarded for your efforts, this is the place for you.
We are striving to shape the future of work, so help us scale to 100+ million users, while enjoying all the perks of working in tech - fun atmosphere, smart people, awesome office, fully-stocked kitchens (yes, free food!), social events, hackathons, and more!